Owl Charm You

Chloe Williams, Staff Writer

Owl Charm You was an event held in the Seymour High School library during power hour A and B on November 29, 2017 where students could make a charm necklace or key ring. The cost was $5 and the class is limited to 10 students and all materials are provided. Students needed to bring their own lunch because the class took the entire power hour. Mrs. Ratliff, Mrs. Floyd, and Jr. Main Street Students  hosted this event. 

One student participated in this event. “Unfortunately there weren’t as many students as we were hoping for,” Mrs. Floyd said. This event was to bring Jr. Main Street to Seymour High School. Jr. Main Street is a business relationship between Main Street Seymour and Seymour High School. It is a pop up store that features items from Owl Manufacturing, Agriculture, and Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS).

In FACS the students wanted to do something that could involve as many people as possible and that would be timeless. So, they chose to make keychains and necklaces. The products could be worn or used forever.  The logo Owl Charm You was voted on by the design class.

Any student can be involved in the event. Right now it is mainly Mrs. Floyd’s two textiles classes and the interior design class are the students participating. She students have taken on a more leadership like role in the store. Kara Rice, Sierra Crossman, Olivia Ault, Madison Auleman, Allie Goble, and Alesha Graham are some of the key leaders in this group.