Prom Dresses Galore

Luz Leal, Staff Writer

Prom is coming soon and a wonderful place to look for a brilliant dress is Brown County Glass Slipper. It is run by a humble group of people that give away plenty of prom essentials each year! The event has ended, but it will continue next year with hopes of providing gowns for many more young girls that wish to have one. The 10th annual Glass Slipper Event was held at Brown County High School. A recent interview with the very person in charge, Allison Watters proved to be quite insightful.

Q: What inspired you to start this event?

A: I had been praying for God to use me and I got all of these ideas.  It was strange to me because I have 2 boys (no girls). I did my best to follow His direction and I haven’t always been able to hit the mark, but the Slipper came from that.  The first year there were 140 dresses and 3 people helping. Over the last ten years, He has grown the Slipper into what it is. I’m the steward, but He’s the boss.
Psalm 45:11 (on our shirts/logo) . The king is enthralled by your beauty.  Honor Him for He is your lord.

Q: How long have you all been doing this event?

A: This was the 10th year.

Q: About how many dresses do you think have been sold?

A: Nothing at the Slipper is ever for sale.  Everything at the Slipper: dresses, purses, jewelry, wraps, hair and makeup tutorials… even false eyelash lessons… are free/donation only.  This year we gave away close to 400 dresses and sets of accessories to girls from all over Indiana and parts of Kentucky.

It is important to support a community of passionate people. It is worth supporting and helping out with the community to see it flourish. However, it’s too late to acquire a dress from Brown County Glass Slipper. Dress donations and any other donations are still greatly appreciated and accepted. It is possible to contact Allison Watters at 812-350-5045 for questions or on the Facebook page for any more inquiries. Prom is around the corner and if anyone is in need of a new prom dress there are many wonderful options. Danielle Schoenfeld said, “I bought my dress from Kohl’s, it has a really nice selection with great prices.” Dresses are incredibly important for prom; whether you are in need of a prom dress, looking to help out a prom dress event, or just at loss for where to buy a brand new one.

Sources:

Photo creds to Susy Wootton

https://www.facebook.com/PsalmC45V11/

https://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?submit-search=web-regular&search=dresses