New Teacher Interviews Week 1

With many new teachers this school year, there will be a weekly feature of two new teachers at Seymour High School. This week the spotlight is on Mr. McCoy and Ms. Hargrove.

New Teacher Interviews Week 1

Mr. McCoy is a new health, weights, and conditioning teacher. He is originally from North Vernon, Indiana, and he previously taught at Center Grove Middle School in Greenwood. He is currently engaged and is getting married in June. Mr. McCoy is an assistant coach for the cross country team. He enjoys running and watching movies in his free time, with his all time favorite movie being The Dark Knight. He is looking forward to meeting new students, seeing new faces, and accepting new challenges this year. He is excited for the opportunity to help students reach their full potential. When asked why Mr. McCoy chose to come to Seymour High School he responded, “I graduated from Seymour High School in 2014 and used to call this my home. When the opportunity arose, I could not pass this up. I am a young teacher, but with this being my third year in the profession and first year teaching the subject I have a degree for, I am ready to tackle this unprecedented school year.” 

Ms. Hargrove is a new Algebra II and Geometry teacher this year. She is originally from Scottsburg, Indiana, and she previously student taught at Bloomington North High School. She enjoys gardening, baking, and cooking in her free time.  She is looking forward to actually being in the classroom with all of her students. When asked about the past year she said, “the saddest part of last semester was not being able to finish the school year with my students.” When asked why Ms. Hargrove chose to come to Seymour High School she said, “I have always loved the Seymour community and the culture at this school is amazing! I love being here!”  Welcome to SHS!