Seymour High School cuts the ribbon on a newly remodeled school
Categories:

On Monday, August 12th, Seymour High School cut the ribbon on a newly remodeled school and marked the end of years of construction. Superintendent Brandon Harpe had the honor of cutting the ribbon (which took several tries) alongside the President of SCSC School Board, Kenny Browning, Assistant Superintendents Talmadge Reasoner and Lisa Ferguson,  Principal Steve Bush, Vice Principals Karla Bohle, Aaron Floyd and Jeremy Richey, and plenty of staff. Students Jaylan Johnson, Charlie Bruce, Zoe Williams, Anna Fish, Reann Hons, Diego Aguilar Tencle, and Axel Arrona Olvera were selected to attend since they reflect the school’s diverse activities and accomplishments.

The ceremony started with some words from Vice Principal Karla Bohle and Principal Steve Bush. Mrs. Bohle introduced the new school by saying, “As we stand here today, surrounded by these new spaces, we see the realization of a vision. We searched for a way to describe the transformation from the old SHS to this new era, and the theme: Echoes of Excellence – where tradition meets tomorrow emerged. These spaces embody that spirit, honoring our history while propelling us into the future.” These were followed by some remarks from Principal Bush, which he ended with “As we cut this ribbon today, let it symbolize not only the opening of these new facilities but also our commitment to providing a nurturing and innovative learning environment. I am proud to declare Seymour High School officially open for business!”

A Rededication Open House will take place September 13th with a brief program starting at 4:45 and tours following.  The school’s goal with the Rededication Open House is to “not only showcase the strong, proud legacy that is SHS but also a new, exciting era of what high school will look like at SHS.” One facility that unfortunately will not be shown on tour but is still an important part of the remodeling is “the state-of-the-art Ag Science Center that provides opportunities for students in welding, agriculture, and precision machining, with new classroom spaces, a new greenhouse, and additional equipment.”

Welcome home to the new SHS.

Donate to The Owl
$205
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Seymour High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.