Sargent with the objective

Zen Stripling, Staff Writer

The Class of 2018 at Seymour High School are the next to graduate, as they’ve come this year grinding. Students feel happy, nervous, and terrified; these emotions are mixed. Senior Ashley Sargent feels all of the above, with split emotions of wanting to both stay at SHS and leave behind her high school years to move forward. With faith and experience to guide her, she continues to sail through the end of her high school career. 

Originally from Madison, Indiana, Sargent’s parents moved to Seymour when she was younger, and have remained here since. Sargent has attended SHS for all of her high school career. She continues to work hard to achieve her goals as her senior year is soon to finish. 

Sargent’s advice to freshman is to join a sport or club, and be involved in the community. “Join things, you’ll meet so many people you’ve never associated with,” she says, “get busy.”  Sargent feels that she has bigger plans and that is what kept her focused. Sargent believes that her faith and common sense stopped her from making bad decisions throughout her high school career.

Two people who inspired Sargent throughout her high school career are Taylor Swift and Yearbook/Business teacher Melissa Lake, who both have given Sargent words of wisdom. “Mrs. Lake taught me you can do anything no matter what people think, and Taylor with her music too, like whatever you want, go for it!” 

Her plans after high school are to attend college majoring in Marketing and minoring Youth Ministry. With a positive personality, fun presence, and driven mindset, Sargent is an Owl to be recognized.