2018 Prom FAQ

Megan Smith, Staff Writer

Friday April 27, Seymour High School will be hosting the Mardi Gras themed Prom. Juniors and Seniors will gather at Celebrations center in Seymour to dance the night away. Jill Prange, head librarian and media specialist, is one of the sponsors that help plan and organize the event. Below is the Q & A session that addresses frequently asked questions. 

Q:Who decides the theme of Prom and how?

A:The prom committee, made up of junior Student Government students, decides the theme after searching through prom supply catalogs and/or online.

Q:What were the alternate themes to Prom?

A:There weren’t really any other themes discussed this year.

Q:How did you come up with the theme?

A:The committee members quickly found the Mardi Gras decorations and theme ideas in our prom supply catalog, and discussed color schemes as well as the wording of our theme. We met with Bobby Eldridge, owner of Prestigious Affairs, who does our decorating. Bobby designs and decorates Rose Bowl Parade floats every year, and has a great background of decorating experiences, including weddings, large events, and even several inauguration balls in Washington D.C. He is able to guide the students in the planning of the dance. He’s fantastic. Dillon Polley designed our promotional posters and tickets this year. Graessle Mercer is printing these materials for us, and Mrs. Floyd will lead her classes in preparing food items that fit our theme. She discussed various options with our committee, and, together, we created a menu.  

Q:Why did you decide on this particular theme?

A:The students on the committee all seemed to love that theme. Mardi Gras Magic lends itself to many possibilities. The colors and the masks are beautiful, adding a touch of mystery. Prom will not be a masquerade but masks may be used in pictures or as decorations. Mardi Gras comes up almost every year as a possibility, and so does the Red Carpet theme, which we had last year. We did a Mardi Gras theme in 2006, and a Masquerade theme in 2010.

Ticket Prices = $18.00 per person, on sale April 16-27, 2018, outside main office

Prices for Prom pictures, by Mr.Foto, are listed below.

Package A

2-8×10’s , 4-5×7’s , 16 wallets = $60.00

Package B

4-5×7’s , 16 wallets = $40.00

A’La Carte

1-8×10……$15.00

2-5×7……..$15.00

16 wallets…….$15.00