Lady Owls’ Basketball Player Commits to the University Of Illinois Springfield.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Makenna Fee (middle) with her sister (left), father (right), and Seymour coach Jason Longmeier(top)

Brandon Terrell, Sports Editor

On Friday Senior Makenna Fee signed her letter of intent to play basketball at the University of Illinois Springfield. Fee played volleyball and basketball for four years and ran track for two. Fee told the Owl, “Basketball was more of the family sport, and I played a lot of travel basketball, which led me to pick basketball over the other sports.”

Fee was also considering Hillsdale College, and Benedictin before officially committing to the University of Illinois Springfield.

She will travel a little over four hours to make the trip from Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium in Seymour to The Recreation and Athletic Center in Springfield Illinois.

The Owl would like to wish Makenna the best of luck with her future career in basketball at the University of Illinois Springfield. Congratulations and thank you for a great career as an Owl. 

Brandon Terrell, Sports Editor

I am a Senior at SHS, and I play tennis. I go by BT. This is my second year in Newspaper. And I like to write about any and all Seymour High School Sports....