The More Things Change, The More They Stay the Same

Chloe Shepherd, Staff Writer

As I was walking through the mall the other day, my mom was surprised to see the heavy amount of 60’s-90’s inspired clothing hanging on the racks. It seems like every fashionable store for young adults had a lot of vintage clothing. Even celebrities are seen promoting vintage looks.

If you look through trendy Instagram accounts, you can tell they’re getting their inspirations from trends from the past. From bell-bottom jeans, vests, high-heeled boots, windbreakers, mom jeans, scrunchies, and so many other fashion trends, clothing your parents wore when they were in high school, has made a huge return.

Personally, I love this new trend. Fashion was great in the 60’s and 70’s, and I love having the opportunity to explore different looks. If you want to explore vintage looks, these stores are great places to look at: Forever 21, Charlotte Reuse, Target, and American Eagle.

Just because something is trendy, it doesn’t mean everyone likes it. A checkered vest and bell-bottom jean look isn’t for everyone, but if you do enjoy vintage clothing, I highly suggest hopping on this bandwagon.

**The picture is of DJ and Stephanie Tanner from “Full House”, a popular show from the 90’s. Their outfits have became very popular in today’s culture.