Chuck E. Cheese’s Pizza Problem

Kirby Hill, Staff Writer

Chuck E. Cheese, the place where “a kid can be a kid,” has recently come under fire after Shane Dawson released a conspiracy video on YouTube about the strange uneven slices of pizza the restaurant sells. An old conspiracy has been brought to the public’s attention; Chuck E. Cheese MIGHT reuse pizza left by costumers by reheating and serving it again. However, the company denies this and released an official statement to E! News: “The claims made in this video about Chuck E. Cheese’s and our pizza are unequivocally false. No conspiracies here – our pizzas are made to order and we prepare out dough fresh in restaurant, which means that they’re not always perfectly uniform in shape, but always delicious.”

People who believe in the conspiracy made these points: the slices end up different sizes, the cut marks don’t line up, and pepperoni halves disappear. Employees explain the misshapen pizza is a result of a heavy, bulky pizza slicer that is hard to handle. As they are cutting the pizza the slices move around on the tray creating the uneven shapes and strange cut marks. Critics say that doesn’t explain why some pizza slices looks shrunken compared to other slices and why the crust doesn’t line up all the way around.

Personally, I don’t believe in this theory. Reusing pizzas to save money seems like a high risk low reward situation. Sure, Chuck E. Cheese could save some money, but they’d lose a lot more money over the lawsuits against them once people figured it out. It also doesn’t make sense that employees would keep this a secret for that long. Even though I don’t believe in this theory, it has been fun watching it all play out and seeing everyone’s reactions.

Kirby Hill, Staff Writer

I am a sophomore and this is my first year in Newspaper. I joined because I enjoy writing and want to improve my writing skills.