New Teacher Spotlight

Audrey Wiggam and Lillie Wessel

There are many new teachers here at the High School this year. To get to know all of the new teachers, The Owl will be doing a New Teacher Spotlight featuring one or two new teachers each week. This week, the Spotlight is on Mrs. Bohle and Mrs. Tiemeyer! 

Mrs. Karla Bohle is an Assistant Principal. Mrs. Bohle is originally from Scottsburg, Indiana. She has a nine-year-old daughter named Kenna Renee and a husband named Kenny. Her hobbies include spending time with her family, reading, and working out. The beach and Disney are her happy places! Her daughter keeps her and her husband busy with travel softball. She helps with her family’s auction company many weekends.

Before coming to Seymour High School, Mrs. Bohle taught Kindergarten and Fourth Grade at Austin Elementary. She joined SCSC six years ago as the Assistant Principal at Jackson Elementary.  She was there for three years and then moved to the sixth Grade Center as the principal for the last two years. This spring she was able to move to this new role at SHS!

When asked what she is looking forward to this school year, Mrs. Bohle said, “I love being on a team. I’ve truly enjoyed coming on board with the staff and students here. I love that my days are never the same and I thrive in a busy environment. I look forward to helping our students take the next step into their lives.” Mrs. Bohle was asked what opportunities she was looking for when she came to Seymour High School and she said, “I was looking for an opportunity to be back on a team, and make a bigger impact in the lives of students. I have had some incredible mentors over the years, and amazing opportunities due to their guidance. I want to help our students in the same way.  I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help of my parents and individuals who took a true interest in my future. I want to help pay that forward.”

Mrs. Jodi Tiemeyer is a new Algebra 1 teacher and is from Brownstown, Indiana. She has a husband named Ben and they have been married for 19 years! Mrs. Tiemeyer has three kids, Jalen, a senior, is 18, Kiernan, a sophmore, is 16, and Quintin, who is called Chick, is 13 and is in 8th grade. She enjoys reading, watching her boys play sports, and watching movies. Mrs. Tiemeyer taught at Medora and Brownstown Schools teaching math in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. She looks forward to meeting new people this school year. Mrs. Tiemeyer is looking for a new opportunity to teach math at a new place!