New Students Brought to Seymour High School: Italy Edition

Camryn Sterling, Staff Writer

Seymour High School has the honor of hosting seven foreign exchange students in the 2019-2020 school year!  The students are: Josh Galbraith from Australia, Alex Vieth from Denmark, Tizia Tripp from Germany, Camboulas Vincent from France, Caterina Zanotti and Margherita Rodeschini from Italy, and Marina Lozano from Spain. Every week, there will be a feature on one of these students.

The Owl Newspaper has the honor of featuring Margherita Rodeschini!

Margherita is 17 years old and is from Bergamo, Italy. The Owl Newspaper asked Margherita a few questions about how her experience has been in the United States.

Question #1: How is your school different from school in the United States?

Answer #1: “We go to school from Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. so we don’t have lunch at school. We don’t have lockers or Chromebooks, we stay in the same classroom all day (whereas teachers move from one class to another) always with the same classmates, and we don’t need to choose our schedule because every student studies the same subjects (just in different periods). In addition, schools don’t have any sport teams or clubs.”

Question #2: What is your favorite class here and why?

Answer #2: “My favorite class is French because Madame is always kind and helpful, the activities are fun and useful at the same time, and I know my classmates better since it’s the same class for two semesters.”

Question #3: What do you miss most about your home?

Answer #3: “I haven’t felt homesick so far and I don’t miss my Italian routine at all. However, sometimes I miss my family, my friends, and the Italian food.”

Thank you Margherita!!

If one of these students are spotted, make sure to welcome them!