Dear SHS…

Dear SHS...

Carson Carpenter, Sports Co-Editor

Dear SHS,
Where do I even start? My first two years of high school have gone by so quickly, and it’s crazy to think that I’m only two full years removed from going to college. The past two years have been nothing but a series of ups and downs for me, but I’d be lying if I was saying these weren’t some of the best years of my life. Entering high school, I had no clue what I was even going to do with my life. I always thought I was just this shy and quiet guy. But SHS made me realize that’s not who I am. Since day one of high school I’ve been making new friends and meeting all kinds of new people who’ve helped me along the way from my peers and teachers to teammates and coaches. In my two years here I have a general idea of what I want to be when I get older. Not only do I have an idea of what I’m going to do, but I also know how I can achieve those dreams and aspirations and that’s all the thanks to everyone and everything at SHS that has helped me along my journey.

I’d specifically like to thank all the coaches that I’ve encountered in my two years at SHS. They push you to be the very best version of yourself day in and day out, on and off the field. They want to make you the best athlete, but most importantly, they want to make you the best person you can be. They push you to hold not only yourself accountable but everyone around you accountable as well. They hold you to the same standard they hold everyone else and that’s what makes their teachings special. I am eternally grateful for shaping me into the man I will eventually become. Thank you.

I want to thank all the students who’ve come before me and showed me the ropes. You guys are amazing and it’s not the same without you, but I hope that when I’m in your position one day, I can do the same thing you guys did for me and help them. I’m sorry for this year’s seniors. It must really stink not getting a prom, graduation, senior prank, or any of that. I grew close to you guys and I really will miss you. I can’t imagine how it must feel being the first class that can’t walk at graduation, but just know you guys aren’t alone and you’ll get through this together, with the other millions of students who feel just like you.

Thank you, SHS, for an amazing two years that I wouldn’t trade for anything. Hopefully, you treat me right for the next two to come.

Sincerely,

Carson Carpenter