New Teacher Interviews Week 2

Audrey Wiggam, Staff Writer

This week, the spotlight is on Mr. Landers and Mr. Hubbard.

Mr. Landers is a new US History and Geography/History of the World teacher this year. He is originally from Tell City, Indiana, and he graduated from and did his student teaching at Perry Central High School in Leopold, Indiana. This is his first year of teaching. He has a wife, Jamie, and two cats, Cheeto and DJ. In his free time, he enjoys hiking, canoeing/kayaking, reading, watching sporting events, and trying new activities. He is looking forward to becoming the best teacher he possibly can, learning from everyone here, and becoming a part of the Seymour community. He chose to come to Seymour High School due to the school’s reputation, the friendliness, the welcoming feeling he received from the staff, and the opportunity to coach the Freshman boys basketball team. It is also a great location that provides many opportunities for his wife as well!

Mr. Hubbard is a new Building Trades Construction 1&2 teacher. He is originally from Seymour and has never taught before. He was previously a contractor salesman for 34 years. Mr. Hubbard and his wife, Karla, have three children. They have 30 year-old twins, Kelsey and Morgan, who are both married, and a son, Grant. In his free time, he enjoys hiking and working on the farm. He is looking forward to learning how to teach and get a better understanding of the technology end of the school system! He is going to advance the building trades field. He said, “I am hoping to get the program to where we can eventually build a house with the advanced program.”