New Teacher Interview Week 3

Mrs. Autry is a new Self Contained Basic Skills/SEL teacher. She is originally from Brownstown, but she now lives near Leesville/Medora. She taught at Seymour Middle School last year, and has previously taught at Brownstown Middle School, Parkview Intermediate in Bedford, and Salem High School. She has been married to her husband, Ryan, for 17 years. Together, they have a son named EJ who is 15. In her free time, she enjoys reading and doing puzzles. She is looking forward to getting to know her coworkers and students. It has been a while since she has taught high school, and she is very excited to be working with this age group again. When asked why she chose to come to Seymour High School, she replied, “I was ready for a change in age groups. Plus, working with students that have behavior challenges is my jam.” 

Mr. Hunt is a new Social Studies teacher. He is originally from Lebanon, Indiana and this is his first year of teaching. He has no spouse or children. He loves to read, cook, cycle, and try new things in his free time. He is looking forward to his quiet students finding their voice in their values and convictions and for his outspoken students to see another’s point of view and challenge their beliefs. When asked why he chose to come to Seymour High School, he replied, “I was/am impressed with the building, my social studies department, and the sense of welcome I got from Seymour.”