New Teacher Interviews Week 4

Audrey Wiggam, Staff Writer

This week’s interview is on Mrs. Schleibaum and Mrs. Perry.

Mrs. Schleibaum is a new Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 teacher. She is originally from Scottsburg, Indiana and had previously taught for 14 years at Seymour Middle School. She is married to Curt Schleibaum and has 8 year old twins, Maddix and Madilyn. In her free time, she is normally at a sporting event for her kids. If she is not at a sporting event, she enjoys shopping and riding 4-wheelers with her family! She is looking forward to staying in school the whole 180 days this year. When asked why she chose to come to the high school, she replied, “ I was ready for a new challenge in my career!”

Mrs. Perry is a new Special Education teacher this year. She is originally from Elizabethtown, Indiana and has previously taught at Columbus North High School. She has a husband and a daughter, Taylor, who is a Junior at Trinity Lutheran High School. When asked what she enjoys to do in her free time, she responded, “In my “free” time I just enjoy being outdoors.  We live on the farm where I was raised. My husband and I have been doing extensive renovations and hope to soon have large animals.  I grew up with horses and his family has beef cattle.  Currently though we have a dog, cat, and several chickens to entertain us! For more “fun” things I enjoy watching Netflix (probably a little too much), reading, gardening, and traveling (particularly to the mountains).” She was also asked why she chose to come to the high school, she replied, “When I made the decision to become a teacher,  I was fortunate to complete my student teaching at SHS.  This is truly a school community of caring staff and amazing students!  Over the summer a teaching position opened and I am thankful for the opportunity to join Seymour High School!”