SMOG entertains under Friday night lights

Katie Cottrill, Staff Writer

On August 26th, the Seymour Owls’ football team defeated the Jeffersonville Red Devils 31-28. The Seymour Marching Owls and Guard (SMOG) had a fantastic half-time show featuring the color guard and the cheerleaders. They played a country/western theme. The opener was “Theme from Rawhide,” the Color Guard feature was “Friends In Low Places,” the cheerleader set was “Fancy Like,” and the closer was “Take Me Home Country Roads.” After the game finished, Director Kevin Cottrill was complimented by multiple people saying,” That was one of the best halftime shows I’ve ever seen” or “That halftime show was better than every show last year.” Four drum majors, Seniors Liza Stuckwisch, Samantha Carter, Olivia Fowler, and junior Lucas Jablonski, led the band on Friday night from the stands to the field. The energized student section, geared up in awesome construction attire, celebrated a close win.  

SMOG presents its second show September 9 against Floyd Central. Senior Night features “Theme from Rawhide,” 1980sNever Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley, Smash Mouth’s “All Star,” and closing again with John Denver’s classic “Take Me Home Country Roads.”  Celebrate with SMOG’s 46 seniors and cheer the Owls to victory.