Perry finds joy in all of it.

All+Smiles%21%3A+Senior+Alan+Perry+bats+away+negativity.+

All Smiles!: Senior Alan Perry bats away negativity.

Zen Stripling, Staff Writer

Senior Alan Perry is on the verge of completing his run at Seymour High School. The athletic superstar is progressing nicely through his senior year. From first attending Emerson Elementary, to Seymour Middle School, to becoming a Senior at SHS, Perry is focused and continues on his path to graduation.

Perry says, ¨High School was awesome; the entire school and community in general were so supportive.¨ Perry keeps his emotions in check as he comes to the close of his time at SHS.¨I have to stay upbeat; I can’t be affected by ‘senioritis,’ because if I slipped up in grades, I would start to suck athletically,¨ he states.

Perry participles in several SHS activities and sports. They have always played a big part in his high school career. He is also a part of National Honor Society and Student Government. The sports he participates in include football, basketball, and baseball. Perry is currently on varsity on every sport he participles in, and is locally recognized by the community and student body. 

Different activities aren’t the only things that make Perry stand out from his fellow senior students. Perry feels that he is the “hardest working person you’ll find,” he says. “I want to be the best, and in order to do that, work has to be put in. That goes for the classroom and on the field.”  One strength Perry bestows among his fellow players and student is being a hard worker. This is strongly influenced by his love for being the best leader he can be.

The experienced senior has had his fair share of good and bad times from his freshman year to now. ¨My favorite part (of high school) was the relationships that I built with my classmates whom I will keep in touch with for years to come. I don’t have a least favorite moment; I think that I have found some sort of joy in all of it.¨

The biggest change in his SHS career was the addition of Power Hour, a time where students can eat lunch, can do homework, or go see a teacher for help, and lasts from 11:30-12:30. “The fluctuation of Power Hour has been the biggest change since my freshman year,” Perry says. “I’ve gone from no Power Hour, to Power Hour (five days a week.), to half Power Hour (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday).”

His favorite high school year was his junior year. He claims his “grades were money.” He had a very successful season with the SHS baseball team as well. 

Throughout high school, Perry didn’t have any regrets. His moments and choices were the best that he could make them. “It’s giving all you got in your craft,” Perry says, “I don’t have or hold any regrets. I wouldn’t change a thing about my SHS experience.” 

Perry also acts as a role model to both student athletes and the general student body. His advice for incoming freshmen is, “Get involved with some sort of extracurricular activity. This will make one more responsible, and the feeling of being a part of something is great.”

“I want to thank the entire Seymour High School for their endless support and love,” Perry says. His plans for after graduation are to play college baseball. Perry recently confirmed that he will be a Yellow Jacket at Cedarville University, in Cedarville, Ohio. Perry plans to get a degree while attending. Additionally, Perry plans to become a Marine Biologist when he ¨grows up.¨