Lady Owls Gymnastics Defeat Bloomington North

Junior Avery DeHart competes on the bars.

The Tribune

Brandon Terrell, Sports Editor

On Monday, January 22nd the Lady Owls gymnastics team competed against Bloomington North at Gymnastics Lane in Seymour. Celebrating senior night, before the match the Owls introduced senior Kellsye Warner. She has participated in gymnastics for eleven years, and with the high school since her sophomore year.

When asked about her experience with the Gymnastics program, she said her favorite part was “her teammates” and enjoying the sport she loves with her friends. She said they all support each other through everything, and she wouldn’t be where she’s at today without them.

On the topic of Senior night, Warner said it was very emotional realizing that its her last year of doing gymnastics. She said she will miss her coaches, and teammates the most.

Warner was happy with her performance given the circumstances. Before the meet started she hurt her finger setting the bars. Warner placed second in overall performance with a score of 34.425. She was first on the beam with a score of 9.1, and third on the floor with an 8.475

Junior Avery DeHart was first overall with a score of 34.775  and first on the floor scoring a 9.4. Freshman Grace Furlow was first on vault with a score of 9.05 and finished second on the bars with 8.2.

The Owls defeated North by a score of 103.025- 97.525.