Senior Feature: Grace Otte

Megan Smith, Jr. Staff Writer

One more semester, just one, until Seymour High School Seniors are going to be completely done with their high school careers. Grace Otte is just one of many students who participate in sports and activities here at Seymour High School. She plays Volleyball and Tennis, volunteers at Anchor House ( a family emergency center) and is involved in clubs like NHS, DARE, Spanish and Renaissance.  Otte also gives tennis lessons to elementary and middle school kids in her spare time.

Otte’s favorite high school memory, similar to many others, was meeting new people. Her favorite teacher overall is Mrs.Buchanan because she helped Grace realize that accounting was the right career for her. Buchanan also helped Grace search and explore new opportunities to pursue in the field of accounting.

Grace’s plans after high school are to attend Franklin College, located in Franklin, Indiana, and Major in Accounting and Finance. Her favorite musical artist is Bruno Mars, her favorite color is purple, and her favorite restaurant is Mi Casa, a local Mexican restaurant.

Grace’s advice to freshman would be to “try your best in school now because it will pay off in the end.” She is excited but at the same time also nervous to go out into the real world which, most people can understand. She hopes to find success in her career and be able to help others, like she does when giving tennis lessons to younger kids in the community.

Grace’s biggest inspiration would have to be her grandmother because “she is a tax accountant and she owns a tax business out of her business.  Even though her business isn’t a big name, it is a huge success in the community.” Grace is proud of what her grandmother has achieved. Her ultimate goal in life is to never give up on her dreams.