Students Participate in Mr. SHS

Anna Massengale, Staff Writer

On April 14th, eight Seymour High School students participated in the mock beauty pageant of Mr. SHS.  The winner of Mr. SHS, senior Bryse Colwell, said that “My friends encouraged me to do it, and it looked like a lot of fun.”Jacob Voss, another contestant, said he joined because “It was a Jacob Voss thing to do.”

Colwell didn’t even think he would get in the top five. “At the beginning I didn’t think I would really get very far, but when I was in the top four I was just surprised. And when I won, I was very shocked.” Colwell was not even rooting for himself. He thought that Trent Hohenstreiter would win and was rooting for him. He thought that his act was the funniest. Although Hohenstreiter was the funniest for Colwell he still had fun putting on his act. Colwell was recently in the musical “Into the Woods” as the baker so he played a song on the guitar and sung to a cow. Voss played a solo on his trombone to show off his talent. He thought Mr. SHS was something he could do to show people who he is and what he can do. Voss saw that people were getting just a little competitive, they are teenagers after all, but he ignored them and focused on doing his best and having fun.

Contestant List: Bryse Colwell, Jacob Voss, Jacob Joray, Trent Hohenstreiter, Alan Perry, Tiller Cummings, Michael Knecht, and Ross Jones