New Teacher Interviews Week 2

New Teacher Interviews Week 2

Audrey Wiggam, Staff Writer

Ms. Jackie Hare is a new teacher in the academy this year. She is originally from Seymour and this is the first school she has ever taught at. She has 2 children, Noble, 11 and Georgia, 7. In her free time, she and her kids enjoy hiking and watching Marvel movies. She is looking forward to getting to know her students and helping them reach their goals. When asked why she decided to come to Seymour High School, her response was, “Seymour is my hometown, and I have always been passionate about contributing to my community.  I absolutely love working with kids, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to work with kids and the community”.  

Mrs. Andria Greer is a new Algebra 1 and geometry teacher this year. She is originally from Salem and has previously taught at Eastbrook High School, Shelbyville High School, and West Washington Jr. High School. She and her husband, Chris, have a son named Atlas who is 1.5 years old. She enjoys spending time with her husband and son and it doesn’t matter what they are doing as long as they are together. She is looking forward to getting to know more of the people in the town they just moved to and getting more involved in school and community events. When asked why she decided to come to Seymour High School, her response was, “We just moved to this town and I like having a hand in shaping the future of the community I live in, and am growing my family in. I have always loved Seymour and as a kid spent a lot of time driving here to the Great Escape to watch movies. It is great to settle down and be involved in a town that meant so much to me when I was younger”.