The Owl

Lucas Jablonski

Lucas Jablonski, Staff Writer

I'm Lucas Jablonski, I'm a junior, and this is my second year on staff.  I'm the editor in chief and edit and write all types of articles.  This year I hope that we can advertise the paper so that students will want to read it and visit the site more often.

 

"When they say 2% milk I don't know what the other 98% is."

-Andy Dwyer (Parks and Recreation)

 

All content by Lucas Jablonski
Abortion Through the Lens

Abortion Through the Lens

September 9, 2022

On June 24, 2022 the "Roe Versus Wade" ruling was overturned by the Supreme Court making it possible for states, not the federal government, to decide abortion legality.  Before this, Roe V. Wade allowed...

Nicholas Cage

Nicholas Cage

April 20, 2022

Some say he’s an unorthodox actor/a madman. Others say that he is the most accomplished actor in Hollywood.  All biases aside, Nicholas Cage is primarily an actor of variety.  He has been in everything:...

Owls Track: The Beginning of a Season

Owls’ Track: The Beginning of a Season

April 8, 2022

Boys and Girls both lost hard fought meets on Tuesday:  Girls 72-60  Boys 80-52 On the track, Girls 1st place finishers were Hayley Harpe 400-1:02.66,  Brooke Trinkle 1600-5:32,  Samantha Jacobi...

Haiti: A Nation in Crisis

Haiti: A Nation in Crisis

March 16, 2022

The nation of Haiti, a half of an island not far from the Florida peninsula, is a country plagued with social unrest, poverty, and devastating earthquakes.  Haiti has been a victim of poor governance...

By the numbers: Russian-Ukrainian conflict

By the numbers: Russian-Ukrainian conflict

February 8, 2022

135,000- The Number of Russian troops that have amassed at the Ukrainian border.  “Russia has enough troops in place to seize Kyiv or another Ukrainian city but not yet sufficient numbers for a full...

Seymour Owls Place Fourth At Conference

January 31, 2022

The Seymour Owls swam conference at Columbus East last Saturday placing fourth overall.  Going against worthy opponents East, Floyd, and BNL, the Owls held their own.  The 200 free relay team (Paul...

The Doomsday Clock: How close are we to the end

The Doomsday Clock: How close are we to the end

January 25, 2022

Environmental collapse, nuclear destruction, the end of the world.  There is one symbol that gauges all of these factors and shows us how close our Earth is to total destruction: The Doomsday Clock. Created...

Age and Critical Thinking

Age and Critical Thinking

December 9, 2021

During adolescence, the brain shifts dramatically in the way it processes questions.  Looking at interviews of 4 separate children between the ages of 5 and 14, there is a clear shift between the answers...

Welcome To The Metaverse

Welcome To The Metaverse

November 16, 2021

What is the Metaverse?  To the average person, this may sound like a futuristic galaxy, a realm beyond our reach; that is not the case. The company formerly known as Facebook has announced their ambitious...

The Columbus Philharmonic: A tradition of excellence

The Columbus Philharmonic: A tradition of excellence

November 2, 2021

Do you enjoy attending events outside Seymour? Have you ever attended a live orchestra performance? The Columbus Philharmonic is the place for you.  Performing and rehearsing in Columbus, the philharmonic...

The Hate U Give: A Brief Overview of an Impactful Novel

The Hate U Give: A Brief Overview of an Impactful Novel

October 4, 2021

In a school library full of hundreds upon thousands of books, why check out The Hate U Give? The reasons are numerous including it being the recipient of the Coretta Scott King award and it’s adaptation...

Berlin 1936: Germanys Mask

Berlin 1936: Germany’s Mask

September 20, 2021

Hitler’s Germany, a country filled with death, destruction, and persecution, but it was well disguised during the Berlin Olympics.  Hidden from the world were the mass imprisonments and killings, and...

Owls Cross Country: A Strong Start to the Season

Owls Cross Country: A Strong Start to the Season

August 24, 2021

    It was a tough meet for the Owls Cross Country team Thursday night.  The stifling heat and the tough competition made for a challenging race for all of the runners at Freeman Field.  The boys team...

Load More Stories
Donate to The Owl
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search
Lucas Jablonski